Our obligation in protecting your personal information
We acknowledge that any personal information we gather about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected, such as liaising with your creditors and the Australian Financial Security Authority or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that any information we have collected about you be treated in a confident and professional manner.
It is our commitment in respect of personal information, to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant law.
Your Personal information
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include your name, date of birth, number of dependents, residential address, account details, employment details, proof of your earnings ad expenses, secured and unsecured debts, secured and unsecured assets, debts relating to the Australia Taxation Office, Centrelink and Child Support Agency.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Assessing your financial situation under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth)
- Providing services in relation to Debt Agreements, Bankruptcy, Consolidation Loans, Debt Consolidation Loans, Mortgage Refinance
- Managing our relationship with you and your creditors.
How do we go about collecting your information?
All personal information is obtained directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from finance companies and other people such as accountants and lawyers, your creditors, State Debt Recovery Office and other government agencies.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information:
- To other organisations that are involved in managing or administering your finance/s such as secured and unsecured creditors
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you, such as Mortgage Refinance
- To an individual/company who represents you, such as secured and unsecured finance companies , lawyers, and accountants;
- To specific people where you have provided us consent;
- Where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Bankruptcy ACT 1966 (Cth)
- To government agencies including the Australian Financial Security Authority, State Trustees, Centrelink, Child Support Agencies or Australian Taxation Office
Before disclosing any of your personal information to an individual/organisations, we will ensure a Letter of Authority is signed by yourself in order for us to liaise with your creditors.